Optimize your content
Maximizing the search engine optimization (SEO) friendliness of your content is essential to drive web traffic to your site. To assist you in this endeavor, we offer user-friendly on-page SEO tools that can enhance the visibility of your website.
Here are some of the best SEO practices to consider:
- Conducting keyword research: Identify relevant keywords and phrases that your target audience is likely to search for. Incorporate these keywords strategically into your content to improve organic search rankings.
- Creating high-quality and engaging content: Craft informative, valuable, and unique content that resonates with your audience. Ensure that your content is well-structured, easy to read, and optimized for relevant keywords.
- Optimizing meta tags: Pay attention to meta tags, including title tags and meta descriptions. These tags provide concise summaries of your web pages and play a crucial role in search engine rankings.
- Optimizing headings and subheadings: Structure your content using headings (H1, H2, etc.) and subheadings to enhance readability. Incorporate relevant keywords naturally within these headings for improved SEO.
- Optimizing image attributes: Optimize image file names, alt text, and captions to make them more search engine friendly. This helps search engines understand the context and relevance of your images.
- Improving website loading speed: Ensure your website loads quickly on both desktop and mobile devices. Site speed is a ranking factor, and a fast-loading website provides a better user experience.
- Building high-quality backlinks: Seek opportunities to acquire backlinks from reputable and relevant websites. Backlinks from authoritative sources can significantly boost your website’s credibility and visibility in search results.
- Monitoring and analyzing website performance: Regularly track your website’s performance using analytics tools. This allows you to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to enhance your SEO strategy.
Use email marketing
Email marketing is still the most effective marketing channel. Why? Because people use email more than other platforms. That’s why a successful email marketing campaign is more important than ever for small business owners like yourself.
Here are a few tips for increasing web traffic through email marketing:
- Build your email list.
- Entice people to sign up through free downloads, free white papers or eBooks.
- Send regular, consistent emails.
- Keep your emails short.
- Craft catchy subject lines.
- Design a landing page for your campaign.
Try paid advertising
Apart from free, organic advertising, there’s another popular type that’s called paid advertising. And for this one, you need to spend a dollar (or hundred). Paid advertising can get expensive and that’s why you need to know exactly how much you’re spending. For that, you’ll need to understand things like conversion rates and clicks tracking. For understanding paid advertising, Google Analytics is the ideal tool. Google Analytics will tell where your traffic is coming from. Otherwise, you’ll be left in the dark. There are several types of paid advertising, including:
- Display advertising: the most popular forms of display ads are banners, landing pages, and popups.
- SEM: with Search Engine Marketing, you pay each time users click on the ad to your website.
- Social media: you can always post your content on social media channels for free. However, you can also boost your posts by paying for ads. You can place paid ads, promoted posts or sponsored stories in order to get web traffic.
- Pay-per-click: you pay for every single click that comes through to your site, whether the user has converted or no.
- Video ads: you can pay for YouTube ads and reach potential customers when they’re watching or searching for videos on YouTube. You only pay when they show interest.
Produce different types of content
Blogs are a fantastic way to increase website traffic. But the trick is to experiment with different types of content and see what works best for your audience. After all, different people are attracted to different types of content. One might like infographics while others want to see more videos. By giving your audience various kinds of interesting content, you’ll keep them coming back for more.
The most popular types of content include:
- Blogs: blogs are still the king of content. They’re informational, readable, and educational. Also, websites that have a blog section are more liked by Google search engines than those that don’t.
- Infographics: infographics are click bait. You can always hire a designer to create one and then promote it on social media.
- Videos: videos can quickly grab your target audience’s attention and keep them engaged. Not everyone has 8-10 minutes to read a blog, but 2-minute videos can do the trick.
- eBooks: ebooks are like longer blogs that provide a thorough analysis or guidance on a specific topic. They also go amazingly well with infographics and images.
- Case studies: Case studies are customer stories that explain in detail how your business has helped a specific client or customer.
Make your website mobile-friendly
If you’re seriously interested in how to increase traffic to your website, then you have to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly. Why? Because in 2018, 52.2 percent of all website traffic globally was generated through mobile phones. If a visitor comes to your website through a mobile device and can’t find their way around the site, they’re likely to leave and go to your competition. You can use a tool like the Search Console to ensure that your site is mobile-friendly.
Create YouTube video tutorials
YouTube is the second most popular search engine globally, right after Google. People constantly look for video content on the channel so gaining exposure here can surely drive traffic to your website. You can use YouTube to post videos and tutorials that will engage visitors and lead them to your site. However, in order to be successful, you need to have the time and the resources to publish quality content consistently.